Thursday, November 17, 2011

My not so Square quilt :(

I think that I would win a ribbon for having the most un-square quilt in the world! I am working on a queen size quilt where normally I will only tackle up to a twin. Well, I now know the reason behind making sure your quilt is perfectly square! I loaded it onto the frame but noticed it was not square so I thought that I could float the top and quilt it anyway. WRONG :( Once I got toward the bottom, there was no quilting out the wrinkles.


So, I decided to take the quilt off the frame, remove the bottom borders and try to reattach with less fabric. This too is proving near impossible.

I have been using my Juki to piece with but now have it on the quilting frame. So, I went back to my bernina 440 QE. However, I noticed that my presser feet do not sit straight on the machine. WTH! I know I did not bump it or drop it or do something that would make it this far off. I tried all my feet and they are all crooked. I called my dealer and they said the bad news is that it is not supposed to be this way. The good news is that they can fix it while I wait. DH is going to come with me so maybe I can convince him I need an upgrade??

On a happier note, I LOVE my JUKI!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment