Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tips for Free Motion Machine Stippling

From a not so good beginner! I thought I had done my homework before I started stippling my lap size quilt. But, I forgot a few very important things.


1. Always make sure that you pull the front AND the back of the quilt tight! Otherwise, you will get puckers and wrinkles and even pull some of the fabric from the side in like me!


2. When usuing your trusty pal the seam ripper, take extra care NOT to slip the point under the fabric and tear it! Like I did :-(




That's all for now

2 comments:

  1. Oh so frustrating!!! I've been getting ready to start my own first free motion project and I 'm a little nervous! It's nice to see I'm not the only one learning something new and to get your profound advice! lol! I'm sure I'll be using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun once you get the hang of it. I am still picking stitches out of this one lol. My stitches are still uneven so some are really tight and others loose. I cannot wait to get my bernina!

    ReplyDelete